Favorites on Friday...Japan Relief Edition



I know I'm not alone in the feelings of concern and sadness for those suffering in Japan right now.  I have had a powerless feeling as we've watched the footage and imagined the overwhelming grief and fear so many families are experiencing right now.  This last Sunday we heard a report from a young man in our congregation who just returned from a mission in Japan.  Hearing him speak and seeing the love he had for the people there, made the tragedy even more real for me.  

So I've been thinking that there is something I can do...I will be donating 100% of all paper doll profits made today to The American Red Cross (I wish I could do it longer but Baby Ollie is coming on Monday so I won't be able to fill orders after Saturday).

If you are looking for a good excuse to get some paper dolls, or some new outfits for the dolls you already own, now is the time!  I'm sure many of you have already donated to your favorite charity and if so, that's great.  I'd love to hear who your favorite charities are. 

Something my friend and I were talking about today is the lack of looting and chaos happening with the people there.  Many of the news reports I've watched/heard say that the people there are organized and patient in waiting for much needed help/supplies.  I'm sure there is some chaos, but compared to what we are used to hearing, I think this is remarkable.

On a much lighter note, wanna know what else I think is remarkable? The fashion that comes from Japan....LOVE it.  Here's a sampling of some of my favorites:









Do you have relatives who have a special connection to Japan? What are some of your thoughts on what is going on over there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time to say something.