Ollie's Blessing Day

"A little bit of heaven
Drifted down from above
A handful of happiness,
A heart full of love.
The mystery of life,
So sacred and so sweet
The giver of joy
so deep and complete.
Precious and priceless,
So lovable too
The world's sweetest miracle,
Baby boy, is you."
- Unknown




Our precious Oliver Bradley was blessed by his dad on Sunday May 29, 2011, surrounded by the love and devotion of so many friends and family members (including four grandparents and four great grandparents). He was blessed to be a light to those around him and an example to his family.  He was also blessed to learn from his sisters "the good things of this world".  And my favorite, that he will find a sweet girl to marry and that together they will do great things.  

I love the priesthood, I love that I will now have a boy to raise.  I already see things so differently, thinking about how the world and the gospel of Christ will affect my boy.  I want to be a good example of what a wife and mother should be so that he will seek out someone who will have those attributes. 


One thing is for sure, this boy is LOVED


He wore the hat and shoes/socks that all of his uncles (my brothers) wore when they were blessed.  The blanket he was wrapped in was a gift to my mom from my Great Grandma Egbert.  I and all of my siblings were blessed with that blanket around us. So Ollie used the blanket that was a gift from his Great,Great Grandmother. :)  

I found his little linen romper online.  It is vintage, I'm guessing from the '60's. I loved the charming embroidery detail  on the front.  It is a size 6 months so I was worried that it would be too big but it fit him perfectly!

We are proud parents. :)


One of the thirty pictures we tried to get of all of us together with three very tired, very crazy girls.  This one made me laugh.

I loved this one.  This is Grandma Stevenson with her twins (Jeff's dad is on the left) holding our twins!
Four generations 

 These two were so cute!  They talked and talked.  They are only a few years apart in age and seemed to just really enjoy one another. 

 Loved this shot

Aren't they the prettiest Great-Grandma's ever? I hope I look half as good at their age.  Just think of the wisdom they have in all of those years to share!

Britta snuck in some pictures while I soothed Ollie ...I loved this one.

Jeff's mom has made a sweet little name bracelet for each of our children on their blessing day.  I love this little tradition. 

It was my sister Britta and her husband Clint's 13th Anniversary that day as well.  We had a great time celebrating with them the night before.

My sister.  I wish I could just reach through the screen and hug her!

Found Britta's Elsa and my Laurel snuggly sleeping that night and couldn't resist...seriously so cute!

And I loved this one of Ollie and Abby...so sweet
Basically this boy has brought us even more love and even more happiness than we could have ever imagined.  I'm always amazed at the miracle and beauty of a new life.   Sometimes I literally feel like I have to pinch myself.  I am living my dream...I can't imagine being happier...really.

2 comments:

  1. He is just beautiful and what a special day! I love that you take so many pictures of all of the generations together! You are going to love that when your kids are older and what a neat memory:). I just loved Ollie's outfit and the treasured pieces:).

    Have a wonderful day!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh hannah....how cute is he!!! Love the pics! Hope you and the family are doing good. Sending lots of hugs your way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time to say something.