Blogging My Passion





Passion:  1. A powerful emotion such as love, joy, hatred or anger.
                   a. Ardent love
                   b. Boundless Enthusiasm


What is my passion?

Art.

What is art in my eyes?

Everything that is beautiful and that is creative.

My family is art, my home is art, my paper dolls are art, my love for Jeff is art, the perfection of imperfection...that is art.

The picture I have in my head of our family rushing  into church late, all dressed in our best with hair still wet and a hole in Norah's tights.  Jeff carrying the shoe and sock-less baby in one hand and two overstuffed diaper/activity bags in the other.  Me guiding the girls through the doors shushing them and smiling with pride at the same time...this to me is art.

I really love this quote I found a while ago:



This year my goal is to blog my passion more regularly.  I am not a writer (as I'm sure you have noticed!) but, I can still in my imperfect way share the art that I love with you.

So this year, I hope you will find some perfection in my imperfections and that we can get to know one another a little bit better. Please always know that your comments are welcomed and that I really do enjoy hearing from you.  

That, my friends is ART!

Share your art with me will you?


I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait either. BTW, Ollie is such a cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that quote could not sum it up better for me, too! I really hadn't thought about it that way, but everything is art to me. You ARE a wonderful writer, by the way. I so enjoy your posts and I am thrilled for you and your family's new home! It is beautiful!! We are practically neighbors {I am in Central WA}:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. My art is quilting. I am self-taught and have been quilting for almost 10 years and love that I still learn something new with each quilt. As many quilters do, I typically gift or donate my quilts and have only made one lap sized quilt to keep for myself.

    Thanks for sharing with us. I plan to blog more regularly this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you, looking forward to this new year too, YOU are so right on with what you see as art......love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we share similar passions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that you are a great writer and little Ollie is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to know something, girlie. You are awesome!!! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering if you knew that. I still have the Plan of Salvation that you drew for me. I used it a ton teaching Sunday School and Young Women. Until recently, it was taped to a poster board and hanging in my bedroom but I took it apart (This is when I was thinking about you) so it could be with me here in Winnipeg. It is VERY WELL used and looking a bit sad, but I cherish it and proudly tell the many admirers that my artist comp on my mission took the time to do it for me. I love it and I love you. Hope the new year brings you all that you are wishing for. -Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time to say something.